Willow in Wheeling, W.Va.
Willow is a year old petite girl full of energy and curiosity. She was born February 4, 2022. She is timid and takes a while to warm up to anything new to her – people, places, etc.
Willow loves to explore the fenced in yard with her foster siblings. She also loves to play with the foster cats in the house. She loves to take walks and walks well on a leash. Willow is still a puppy and likes to chew on things so she needs to be provided with plenty of dog toys and chews appropriate for her.
Willow was born with some issues causing her legs to be stiff and not bend properly but don’t let that fool you as she runs and climbs steps with no problem. She has been diagnosed with glaucoma and requires Dorzolamide drops in both eyes daily. She also needs the pressure in her eyes checked once a month. The drops and monthly eye checks will cost approximately $150.00. This is something that will have to be done for the rest of her life.
Because of her timid nature and small size Willow is not recommended for children under 10 years old as quick movements often scare her.
If you think this cutie is for you fill out our online application if you haven’t already and then email Nancy Persinger at email@example.com so she knows of your interest.
- Color: Blenheim
- Age: 1 Year
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Sex: Female
- House Training: Completely house trained
- Health: Glaucoma, Dorzolamide eye drops daily
- Temperament: Timid, unsure of new people and new situations
- Recommendations: Fenced yard, someone home most of the time to keep her eye drops on schedule. No children under the age of 10 years old. Another dog for a companion
- Location: Wheeling, West Virginia
- Region: Northeast
- Special Needs: Yes
- Status: SPOTLIGHT